Friday 5 June 2009


Hi folks, sorry there have not been any updates over the last week as both myself and Rathers are having a little R&R. The Big boy is in Bonnie Scotland and I am baking in the "Costa Packet" at my outlaws gaff until Weds next week.
However there is news to tell. Last week I had occasion to go to Sonic Communications to collect some bits and bobs for work, whilst I was there I was lucky enough for find the MD Mr David Bryan was present. The very nice receptionist very kindly asked him if he could spare us a minute, 5 minutes later we were in his office having a coffee.
Sonic Communications are an international company and for those that followed Charlie Boorman and Ewan McGregor on Long Way Down, Long Way Round and Race to Dakkar will know that Sonic Provided the head cams and comms for the pair.
After a chat about our trip I am over the moon to say that David readily agreed to loan us the same Head cams and Comms for our trip(Well perhaps not the same ones)
We will now be able to record events as they unfold, I hope they won't be too dramatic though, plus we can shout encouragement and no doubt abuse at each other as we ride through the Wild Coast, FANTASTIC.
It Gets better, I mentioned to David that I had emailed Long Way Down to see if we could scrounge any bit of unwanted kit that could be signed by either Charlie or Ewan that we could auction off to raise money for our charities but as yet had no reply.
David picked up the phone and had brief conversation with Liz before handing me the phone, "Who is it?" I whispered, "Assistant producer from Long Way Down" came David's reply.
After a chat with Liz and blaming Charlie and Ewan for getting us into this mess in the first place, Liz said that they would love to help us out and that the Producer himself would call me back in half an hour. He Did just that.
At the moment I won't say what the Producer has in mind, I leave you in suspense for the time being, but if it all comes off it will be really exciting and be a massive, MASSIVE boost to our morale and no doubt Enduroafrica itself.
As soon as I know, I'll put you out of your misery, for now I feel a cold one coming on so I will wish you all Hasta La Vista.
Bob.

No comments:

Post a Comment