Thursday 14 May 2009

Robert where's your troosers




Well two days to go until the Race Night, horse owners can expect a bottle of spirits if their nag wins, a bottle of wine if it comes second and a box of chocolates if it comes 3rd. I believe Rathers is going to pipe in the first race in full piper bib and tucker, supported by someone else in a skirt..............Me. Yes for a laugh I am going to sport a kilt too, those that saw my knobbly knees at the football match will know that it won't be a pretty site, at all. The question is will I or won't I be wearing any under crackers? Well I'm not a Scott so my good lady tells me I will be.

The important thing now for Sunday is not really how much money we will raise, we just want it to be a success and for every one to have a good time.

We have had a good week, having secured a chimnea from Melbicks garden centre for Raffle or auction, possible sponsorship from a local camping and caravan outlet and on Wednesday I had a call on my mobile from a very nice lady representing a trust fund that had been sent our mission statement by Arron Clarke(My youngest daughter Lucy's boyfriend who is a West Mids Bobby) They had read the document and decided that they would support us with a donation of £500.

I would like to thank them and the MD of the major company who is himself a celebrity and household name but they declined any publicity, It's not Mr Sugar but someone in the same league. If you are reading this, we would like to thank you very much for your support, we would also like to thank Arron and his mum Steph who is an employee of Mr X, who forwarded the letter to him.

We hope to see you on Sunday folks, until then Ta Ta for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment