Wednesday 22 April 2009

The apprentice

Well I gave a powerpoint presentation to a very interesting company today, Geothermal International in Coventry. This company are certainly doing their bit to save the planet by drilling into the ground and pumping water down and back up, putting it through a heat exchanger which in turn heats your water/central heating to 60C. Green energy and at a fraction of the cost of using gas or electric!
Present was the MD Mr Brian Davidson who was introduced to me by a neighbour Pete Johnston, Hazel Davidson(Finance director) two representitives from the Yorkshire Bank (Andrew and Andrew) and a Young chap by the name of Alan Wells.
Alan started off by giving his presentation on his projected 18 month cycling trip to the southern tip of Africa with his friend Ian Mowbray-Williams, they have a great website http://www.eyeonafrica.co.uk/documents/home.html for which i will create a link to later.
Alan started to expand on his trip and I started to shrink, Thats a lot of peddling I thought and we are doing about 1/12 on motorbikes, when I get tired and weary on our trip I will think about Alan and tell myself to stop whinging, I have it easy by comparison.
The meeting itself was in the board room, I know how those poor soles on the Apprentice feel, having said that Brian is a smashing chap and didn't give me a hard time like Mr Sugar would have done, in fact when I thought I had done, Brian helped my expand a bit more by asking the right questions, Thanks Brian.
Alan then gave us a quick resume on another event that G Int are going to sponsor, Mark Wood from Snowball expeditions is going to walk to the North and South Poles, never been done back to back before. For those who watch Top Gear, Mark is the guy with the huskies who raced Clarkson in a 4X4 http://www.snowballexpeditions.com/
I hope I did OK, the guys from the bank were taking notes and seemed positive, now its wait and see.
Last night I spent quite a while messing with the laptop, draughting out the tickets for the prize draw which is now with the printers, updating our mission statement with our blog site and knocking up a poster for the race night which we hope will be well attended.
Charity football match will possibly be on Monday 4th May at Ambleside, I'll keep yu posted on that one.

No comments:

Post a Comment