Wednesday 29 April 2009

Football, who me?


Now Bob and Football I hear you say, never not in my lifetime in the words of Peter Kay. This was Ade Knights idea! "Nuneaton Police V's Operations Task Force, we'll have a charity football match", I can't kick a football, its like giving a monkey a paint brush and asking it to paint a portrait of the Queen!
But I'll give it a go, as long as it goes in one of the two net things at each end of the court, thats it, couldn't be easier, could it?
Fortunately I am getting a lot of help from Andy Marchi and Marky Rowlatt who know every thing about football(cheers guys)
Myself and Rather's are a little short of kit so we will play in our Off road boots, shin pads and mud trousers! (maybe)
We are hoping that we get a good turnout, the bar at Ambleside will be open before during and after the match, so the players can keep hydrated, or should that be the supporters? Will see if we can raffle a signed football or something and maybe role a quid at a bottle of Whisky to raise some funds. Rather's is organising a charity sheild that can be re used for events over the next few years and hopefully some medals for the players(and a stretcher for me!)
Hopefully see you there for a social evening and a bit of light hearted fun, remember its only a game.................
Bob.

No comments:

Post a Comment